1_Corinthians Chapter 12 - New American Standard Bible
1. NOW concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware.
2. You know that when you were pagans, you were led astray to the mute idols, however you were led.
4. Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord.
6. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
7. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
8. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
10. and to another the  effecting of  miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the  distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.
11. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.
12. For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.
13. For  by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.
14. For the body is not one member, but many.
15. If the foot says, «Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body,» it is not for this reason  any the less a part of the body.
16. And if the ear says, «Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body,» it is not for this reason  any the less a part of the body.
17. If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
18. But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.
19. If they were all one member, where would the body be?
20. But now there are many members, but one body.
21. And the eye cannot say to the hand, «I have no need of you»; or again the head to the feet, «I have no need of you.»
22. On the contrary,  it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary;
24. whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked,
25. so that there may be no  division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
26. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is  honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27. Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.
29. All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of  miracles, are they?
30. All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?
31. But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.[read chapter]