Job Chapter 35 - New International Version
1. Then Elihu said:
2. "Do you think this is just? You say, `I will be cleared by God.  '
3. Yet you ask him, `What profit is it to me,  and what do I gain by not sinning?'
4. "I would like to reply to you and to your friends with you.
5. Look up at the heavens and see; gaze at the clouds so high above you.
6. If you sin, how does that affect him? If your sins are many, what does that do to him?
7. If you are righteous, what do you give to him, or what does he receive from your hand?
8. Your wickedness affects only a man like yourself, and your righteousness only the sons of men.
9. "Men cry out under a load of oppression; they plead for relief from the arm of the powerful.
10. But no one says, `Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night,
12. He does not answer when men cry out because of the arrogance of the wicked.
13. Indeed, God does not listen to their empty plea; the Almighty pays no attention to it.
14. How much less, then, will he listen when you say that you do not see him, that your case is before him and you must wait for him,
15. and further, that his anger never punishes and he does not take the least notice of wickedness. 
16. So Job opens his mouth with empty talk; without knowledge he multiplies words."[read chapter]