Haggai Chapter 2 - New American Standard Bible
1. ON the twenty-first of the seventh month, the word of the LORD came by Haggai the prophet saying,
2. «Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and to the remnant of the people saying,
4. "But now  take courage, Zerubbabel,' declares the LORD, "take courage also, Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and all you people of the land take courage,' declares the LORD, "and work; for I am with you,' declares the LORD of hosts.
6. «For thus says the LORD of hosts, " Once more  in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land.
7. "I will shake all the nations; and  they will come with the wealth of all nations, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the LORD of hosts.
8. "The silver is Mine and the gold is Mine,' declares the LORD of hosts.
9. "The latter glory of this house will be greater than the former,' says the LORD of hosts, "and in this place I will give peace,' declares the LORD of hosts.»
10. On the twenty-fourth of the ninth month, in the second year of Darius, the word of the LORD came to Haggai the prophet, saying,
11. «Thus says the LORD of hosts, " Ask now the priests for a  ruling:
12. "If a man carries holy meat in the  fold of his garment, and touches bread with  this fold, or cooked food, wine, oil, or any other food, will it become holy?'» And the priests answered, «No.»
13. Then Haggai said, « If one who is unclean from a  corpse touches any of these, will the latter become unclean?» And the priests answered, «It will become unclean.»
14. Then Haggai said, «" So is this people. And so is this nation before Me,' declares the LORD, "and so is every work of their hands; and what they offer there is unclean.
17. "I smote you and every work of your hands with blasting wind, mildew and hail;  yet you did not come back to Me,' declares the LORD.
19. "Is the seed still in the barn? Even including the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree, it has not borne fruit. Yet from this day on I will bless you.'»
20. Then the word of the LORD came a second time to Haggai on the twenty-fourth day of the month, saying,
21. «Speak to Zerubbabel governor of Judah, saying, "I am going to shake the heavens and the earth.
22. "I will overthrow the thrones of kingdoms and destroy the power of the kingdoms of the  nations; and I will overthrow the chariots and their riders, and the horses and their riders will go down, everyone by the sword of another.'
23. "On that day,' declares the LORD of hosts, "I will take you, Zerubbabel, son of Shealtiel, My servant,' declares the LORD, "and I will make you like a  signet ring, for I have chosen you,'» declares the LORD of hosts.[read chapter]