Isaiah Chapter 8 - New American Standard Bible
2. «And  I will take to Myself faithful witnesses for testimony, Uriah the priest and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.»
3. So I approached the prophetess, and she conceived and gave birth to a son. Then the LORD said to me, «Name him  Maher-shalal-hash-baz;
4. for before the boy knows how to cry out "My father' or "My mother,' the wealth of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria will be carried away before the king of Assyria.»
5. Again the LORD spoke to me further, saying,
6. «Inasmuch as these people have rejected the gently flowing waters of Shiloah And rejoice in Rezin and the son of Remaliah;
7. «Now therefore, behold, the Lord is about to bring on them the strong and abundant waters of the  Euphrates, Even the king of Assyria and all his glory; And it will rise up over all its channels and go over all its banks.
11. For thus the LORD spoke to me  with mighty power and instructed me not to walk in the way of this people, saying,
12. «You are not to say, "It is a conspiracy!' In regard to all that this people call a conspiracy, And you are not to fear  what they fear or be in dread of it.
13. «It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy. And He shall be your fear, And He shall be your dread.
14. «Then He shall become a sanctuary; But to both the houses of Israel, a stone to strike and a rock to stumble over, And a snare and a trap for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15. «Many will stumble over them, Then they will fall and be broken; They will even be snared and caught.»
16. Bind up the testimony, seal the  law among my disciples.
17. And I will wait for the LORD who is hiding His face from the house of Jacob; I will even look eagerly for Him.
18. Behold, I and the children whom the LORD has given me are for signs and wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, who dwells on Mount Zion.
19. When they say to you, « Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter,» should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living?
20. To the  law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn.
22. Then they will look to the earth, and behold, distress and darkness, the gloom of anguish; and they will be driven away into darkness.[read chapter]
Bible Main : Isaiah : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66