Isaiah Chapter 30 - New American Standard Bible
Isaiah Chapter 30 - New American Standard Bible
1. «WOE to the rebellious children,» declares the LORD, «Who execute a plan, but not Mine, And  make an alliance, but not of My Spirit, In order to add sin to sin;
2. Who proceed down to Egypt Without consulting  Me, To take refuge in the safety of Pharaoh And to seek shelter in the shadow of Egypt!
3. «Therefore the safety of Pharaoh will be your shame And the shelter in the shadow of Egypt, your humiliation.
4. «For their princes are at Zoan And their ambassadors arrive at Hanes.
5. «Everyone will be ashamed because of a people who cannot profit them, Who are not for help or profit, but for shame and also for reproach.»
6. The  oracle concerning the beasts of the Negev. Through a land of distress and anguish, From  where come lioness and lion, viper and flying serpent, They carry their riches on the  backs of young donkeys And their treasures on camels' humps, To a people who cannot profit them;
10. Who say to the seers, «You must not see visions»; And to the prophets, «You must not prophesy to us what is right, Speak to us  pleasant words, Prophesy illusions.
11. «Get out of the way, turn aside from the path,  Let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel.»
12. Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel, « Since you have rejected this word And have put your trust in oppression and guile, and have relied on them,
13. Therefore this iniquity will be to you Like a breach about to fall, A bulge in a high wall, Whose collapse comes suddenly in an instant,
14. «Whose collapse is like the smashing of a potter's jar,  So ruthlessly shattered That a sherd will not be found among its pieces To  take fire from a hearth Or to scoop water from a cistern.»
16. And you said, «No, for we will flee on horses,» Therefore you shall flee! «And we will ride on swift horses,» Therefore those who pursue you shall be swift.
17. One thousand will flee at the threat of one man; You will flee at the threat of five, Until you are left as a  flag on a mountain top And as a signal on a hill.
18. Therefore the LORD  longs to be gracious to you, And therefore He  waits on high to have compassion on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who  long for Him.
19.  O people in Zion, inhabitant in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you.
20. Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher.
21. Your ears will hear a word behind you, «  This is the way, walk in it,» whenever you turn to the right or to the left.
22. And you will defile your graven images overlaid with silver, and your molten images plated with gold. You will scatter them as an impure thing, and say to  them, « Be gone!»
23. Then He will give you rain for  the seed which you will sow in the ground, and bread from the yield of the ground, and it will be  rich and  plenteous; on that day your livestock will graze in a roomy pasture.
24. Also the oxen and the donkeys which work the ground will eat salted fodder, which  has been winnowed with shovel and fork.
25. On every lofty mountain and on every high hill there will be  streams running with water on the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.
26. The light of the moon will be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven days, on the day the LORD binds up the fracture of His people and heals the bruise  He has inflicted.
28. His breath is like an overflowing torrent, Which reaches to the neck, To shake the nations back and forth in a  sieve, And to put in the jaws of the peoples the bridle which  leads to ruin.
29. You will have  songs as in the night when you keep the festival, And gladness of heart as when one marches to the sound of the flute, To go to the mountain of the LORD, to the Rock of Israel.
30. And the LORD will cause  His voice of authority to be heard, And the  descending of His arm to be seen in fierce anger, And in the flame of a consuming fire In cloudburst, downpour and hailstones.
31. For at the voice of the LORD Assyria will be terrified, When He strikes with the rod.
33. For  Topheth has long been ready, Indeed, it has been prepared for the king. He has made it deep and large,  A pyre of fire with plenty of wood; The breath of the LORD, like a torrent of brimstone, sets it afire.[read chapter]
Bible Main : Isaiah : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66