Hosea Chapter 1 - New American Standard Bible
1. THE word of the LORD which came to Hosea the son of Beeri, during the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and during the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.
2. When the LORD first spoke through Hosea, the LORD said to Hosea, « Go, take to yourself a wife of harlotry and have children of harlotry; for the land commits flagrant harlotry,  forsaking the LORD.»
3. So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
4. And the LORD said to him, «Name him Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will  punish the house of Jehu for the bloodshed of Jezreel, and I will put an end to the kingdom of the house of Israel.
5. «On that day I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.»
6. Then she conceived again and gave birth to a daughter. And  the LORD said to him, «Name her  Lo-ruhamah, for I will no longer have compassion on the house of Israel, that I would ever forgive them.
7. «But I will have compassion on the house of Judah and deliver them by the LORD their God, and will not deliver them by bow, sword, battle, horses or horsemen.»
8. When she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived and gave birth to a son.
10.  Yet the number of the sons of Israel Will be like the sand of the sea, Which cannot be measured or numbered; And in the place Where it is said to them, «You are not My people,» It will be said to them, «You are the sons of the living God.»
11. And the sons of Judah and the sons of Israel will be gathered together, And they will appoint for themselves one leader, And they will go up from the land, For great will be the day of Jezreel.[read chapter]