1_Timothy Chapter 2 - New International Version
1. I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone--
2. for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
3. This is good, and pleases God our Savior,
4. who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6. who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time.
7. And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.
8. I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.
9. I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,
10. but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
11. A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.
12. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
13. For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.read chapter]