Proverbs Chapter 2 - New International Version
1. My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,
2. turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,
3. and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
4. and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5. then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.
6. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8. for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
9. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair--every good path.
10. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.
12. Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse,
13. who leave the straight paths to walk in dark ways,
14. who delight in doing wrong and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,
15. whose paths are crooked and who are devious in their ways.
16. It will save you also from the adulteress, from the wayward wife with her seductive words,
17. who has left the partner of her youth and ignored the covenant she made before God. 
18. For her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
19. None who go to her return or attain the paths of life.
20. Thus you will walk in the ways of good men and keep to the paths of the righteous.
21. For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it;
22. but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it.[read chapter]