2 Thessalonians Chapter 1 - New American Standard Bible
1. PAUL and Silvanus and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2. Grace to you and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater;
4. therefore, we ourselves speak proudly of you among the churches of God for your  perseverance and faith in the midst of all your persecutions and afflictions which you endure.
5. This is a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering.
8. dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
11. To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will  count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power,
12. so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.[read chapter]