Nahum Chapter 2 - New International Version
1. An attacker advances against you, [Nineveh]. Guard the fortress, watch the road, brace yourselves, marshal all your strength!
2. The LORD will restore the splendor of Jacob like the splendor of Israel, though destroyers have laid them waste and have ruined their vines.
3. The shields of his soldiers are red; the warriors are clad in scarlet. The metal on the chariots flashes on the day they are made ready; the spears of pine are brandished. 
4. The chariots storm through the streets, rushing back and forth through the squares. They look like flaming torches; they dart about like lightning.
5. He summons his picked troops, yet they stumble on their way. They dash to the city wall; the protective shield is put in place.
6. The river gates are thrown open and the palace collapses.
7. It is decreed  that [the city] be exiled and carried away. Its slave girls moan like doves and beat upon their breasts.
8. Nineveh is like a pool, and its water is draining away. "Stop! Stop!" they cry, but no one turns back.
9. Plunder the silver! Plunder the gold! The supply is endless, the wealth from all its treasures!
10. She is pillaged, plundered, stripped! Hearts melt, knees give way, bodies tremble, every face grows pale.
11. Where now is the lions' den, the place where they fed their young, where the lion and lioness went, and the cubs, with nothing to fear?
12. The lion killed enough for his cubs and strangled the prey for his mate, filling his lairs with the kill and his dens with the prey.
13. "I am against you," declares the LORD Almighty. "I will burn up your chariots in smoke, and the sword will devour your young lions. I will leave you no prey on the earth. The voices of your messengers will no longer be heard."[read chapter]