Genesis Chapter 16 - New American Standard Bible
1. NOW Sarai, Abram's wife had borne him no children, and she had an Egyptian maid whose name was Hagar.
2. So Sarai said to Abram, «Now behold, the LORD has prevented me from bearing children. Please go in to my maid; perhaps I will  obtain children through her.» And Abram listened to the voice of Sarai.
3. After Abram had  lived ten years in the land of Canaan, Abram's wife Sarai took Hagar the Egyptian, her maid, and gave her to her husband Abram as his wife.
4. He went in to Hagar, and she conceived; and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her sight.
5. And Sarai said to Abram, « May the wrong done me be upon you. I gave my maid into your  arms, but when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her  sight. May the LORD judge between  you and me.»
7. Now the angel of the LORD found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur.
8. He said, «Hagar, Sarai's maid, where have you come from and where are you going?» And she said, «I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai.»
9. Then the angel of the LORD said to her, «Return to your mistress, and submit yourself  to her authority.»
14. Therefore the well was called  Beer-lahai-roi; behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.
15. So Hagar bore Abram a son; and Abram called the name of his son, whom Hagar bore, Ishmael.
16. Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore Ishmael to  him.[read chapter]