Genesis Chapter 23 - New American Standard Bible
1. NOW  Sarah lived one hundred and twenty-seven years; these were the years of the life of Sarah.
2. Sarah died in Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron) in the land of Canaan; and Abraham  went in to mourn for Sarah and to weep for her.
3. Then Abraham rose from before his dead, and spoke to the sons of Heth, saying,
4. «I am a stranger and a sojourner among you; give me  a burial site among you that I may bury my dead out of my sight.»
5. The sons of Heth answered Abraham, saying to him,
6. «Hear us, my lord, you are a  mighty prince among us; bury your dead in the choicest of our graves; none of us will refuse you his grave for burying your dead.»
7. So Abraham rose and bowed to the people of the land, the sons of Heth.
8. And he spoke with them, saying, «If it is your  wish for me to bury my dead out of my sight, hear me, and approach Ephron the son of Zohar for me,
10. Now Ephron was sitting among the sons of Heth; and Ephron the Hittite answered Abraham in the hearing of the sons of Heth; even of all who went in at the gate of his city, saying,
11. «No, my lord, hear me; I give you the field, and I give you the cave that is in it. In the presence of the sons of my people I give it to you; bury your dead.»
12. And Abraham bowed before the people of the land.
13. He spoke to Ephron in the hearing of the people of the land, saying, «If you will only please listen to me; I will give the price of the field, accept it from me that I may bury my dead there.»
14. Then Ephron answered Abraham, saying to him,
15. «My lord, listen to me; a piece of land worth four hundred shekels of silver, what is that between me and you? So bury your dead.»
17. So Ephron's field, which was in Machpelah, which faced Mamre, the field and cave which was in it, and all the trees which were in the field, that were  within all the confines of its border,  were deeded over
18. to Abraham for a possession in the presence of the sons of Heth, before all who went in at the gate of his city.
19. After this, Abraham buried Sarah his wife in the cave of the field at Machpelah facing Mamre (that is, Hebron) in the land of Canaan.read chapter]