Colossians Chapter 1 - New American Standard Bible
2. To the  saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father.
3. We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
6. which has come to you, just as  in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and  increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and  understood the grace of God in truth;
7. just as you learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow bond-servant, who is a faithful servant of Christ on our behalf,
8. and he also informed us of your love in the Spirit.
9. For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the  knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
14. in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
15.  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
16. For  by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities -- all things have been created through Him and for Him.
18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.
20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in  heaven.
21. And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds,
22. yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach --
23. if indeed you continue in  the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul,  was made a  minister.
26. that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His  saints,
27. to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.read chapter]