Matthew Chapter 8 - New American Standard Bible
2. And a leper came to Him and  bowed down before Him, and said, «Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.»
3. Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, «I am willing; be cleansed.» And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4. And Jesus said to him, « See that you tell no one; but go, show yourself to the priest and present the  offering that Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.»
5. And when  Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, imploring Him,
7. Jesus said to him, «I will come and heal him.»
9. «For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, "Go!' and he goes, and to another, "Come!' and he comes, and to my slave, "Do this!' and he does it.»
10. Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, «Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith  with anyone in Israel.
11. «I say to you that many will come from east and west, and  recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven;
12. but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.»
14. When Jesus came into Peter's  home, He saw his mother-in-law lying sick in bed with a fever.
15. He touched her hand, and the fever left her; and she got up and  waited on Him.
16. When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed; and He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill.
17. This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: « HE HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND  CARRIED AWAY OUR DISEASES.»
18. Now when Jesus saw a crowd around Him, He gave orders to depart to the other side of the sea.
19. Then a scribe came and said to Him, «Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go.»
21. Another of the disciples said to Him, «Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father.»
22. But Jesus said to him, « Follow Me, and allow the dead to bury their own dead.»
23. When He got into the boat, His disciples followed Him.
24. And behold, there arose  a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being covered with the waves; but Jesus Himself was asleep.
25. And they came to Him and woke Him, saying, « Save us, Lord; we are perishing!»
27. The men were amazed, and said, «What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?»
28. When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way.
30. Now there was a herd of many swine feeding at a distance from them.
31. The demons began to entreat Him, saying, «If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.»
32. And He said to them, «Go!» And they came out and went into the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the waters.
33. The herdsmen ran away, and went to the city and reported everything,  including what had happened to the demoniacs.
34. And behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus; and when they saw Him, they implored Him to leave their region.[read chapter]