Matthew Chapter 11 - New American Standard Bible
2. Now when John,  while imprisoned, heard of the works of Christ, he sent word by his disciples
3. and said to Him, «Are You the  Expected One, or shall we look for someone else?»
4. Jesus answered and said to them, «Go and report to John what you hear and see:
5. the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the POOR HAVE THE  GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM.
7. As these men were going away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John, «What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
9. «  But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and one who is more than a prophet.
11. «Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is  least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
13. «For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
14. «And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who  was to come.
15. « He who has ears to hear,  let him hear.
16. «But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places, who call out to the other children,
17. and say, "We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not  mourn.'
18. «For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, " He has a demon!'
20. Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His  miracles were done, because they did not repent.
22. «Nevertheless I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you.
23. «And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the  miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day.
24. «Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you.»
25. At that  time Jesus said, «I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.
26. «Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.
27. « All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
28. « Come to Me, all  who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
29. «Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
30. «For My yoke is  easy and My burden is light.»[read chapter]