Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 - New American Standard Bible
1. GUARD your steps as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know they are doing evil.
3. For the dream comes through much  effort and the voice of a fool through many words.
4. When you make a vow to God, do not be late in paying it; for He takes no delight in fools. Pay what you vow!
5. It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay.
6. Do not let your  speech cause  you to sin and do not say in the presence of the messenger of God that it was a mistake. Why should God be angry on account of your voice and destroy the work of your hands?
8. If you see oppression of the poor and denial of justice and righteousness in the province, do not be shocked at the  sight; for one  official watches over another  official, and there are higher  officials over them.
9. After all, a king who cultivates the field is an advantage to the land.
10. He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This too is  vanity.
11. When good things increase, those who consume them increase. So what is the advantage to their owners except to  look on?
12. The sleep of the working man is pleasant, whether he eats little or much; but the  full stomach of the rich man does not allow him to sleep.
13. There is a grievous evil which I have seen under the sun: riches being  hoarded by their owner to his hurt.
15. As he had come naked from his mother's womb, so will he return as he came. He will take nothing from the fruit of his labor that he can carry in his hand.
17. Throughout his life he also eats in darkness with great vexation, sickness and anger.
18. Here is what I have seen to be good and  fitting: to eat, to drink and  enjoy oneself in all one's labor in which he toils under the sun during the few  years of his life which God has given him; for this is his  reward.
19. Furthermore, as for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, He has also empowered him to eat from them and to receive his  reward and rejoice in his labor; this is the gift of God.read chapter]