2_Samuel Chapter 8 - New American Standard Bible
2. He  defeated Moab, and measured them with the line, making them lie down on the ground; and he measured two lines to put to death and one full line to keep alive. And the Moabites became servants to David, bringing tribute.
4. David captured from him 1,700 horsemen and 20,000 foot soldiers; and David hamstrung the chariot horses, but reserved enough of them for 100 chariots.
5. When the Arameans of Damascus came to help Hadadezer, king of Zobah, David  killed 22,000 Arameans.
6. Then David put garrisons among the Arameans of Damascus, and the Arameans became servants to David, bringing tribute. And the LORD helped David wherever he went.
7. David took the shields of gold which were  carried by the servants of Hadadezer and brought them to Jerusalem.
8. From  Betah and from Berothai, cities of Hadadezer, King David took a very large amount of bronze.
9. Now when Toi king of Hamath heard that David had  defeated all the army of Hadadezer,
10. Toi sent  Joram his son to King David to  greet him and bless him, because he had fought against Hadadezer and  defeated him; for Hadadezer  had been at war with Toi. And  Joram brought with him articles of silver, of gold and of bronze.
11. King David also dedicated these to the LORD, with the silver and gold that he had dedicated from all the nations which he had subdued:
12. from  Aram and Moab and the sons of Ammon and the Philistines and Amalek, and from the spoil of Hadadezer, son of Rehob, king of Zobah.
14. He put garrisons in Edom. In all Edom he put garrisons, and all the Edomites became servants to David. And the LORD helped David wherever he went.
15. So David reigned over all Israel; and David  administered justice and righteousness for all his people.
16. Joab the son of Zeruiah was over the army, and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud was recorder.
17. Zadok the son of Ahitub and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar were priests, and Seraiah was secretary.read chapter]