Genesis Chapter 15 - New American Standard Bible
1. AFTER these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, « Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you;  Your reward shall be very great.»
4. Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, «This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own  body, he shall be your heir.»
5. And He took him outside and said, «Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.» And He said to him, « So shall your  descendants be.»
6. Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.
7. And He said to him, «I am the LORD who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to  possess it.»
9. So He said to him, «  Bring Me a three year old heifer, and a three year old female goat, and a three year old ram, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.»
11. The birds of prey came down upon the carcasses, and Abram drove them away.
12. Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold,  terror and great darkness fell upon him.
14. «But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with  many possessions.
15. «As for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you will be buried at a good old age.
16. «Then in the fourth generation they will return here, for the iniquity of the Amorite is not yet complete.»
17. It came about when the sun had set, that it was very dark, and behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a flaming torch which passed between these pieces.
18. On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, « To your  descendants I have given this land, From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates:
19. the Kenite and the Kenizzite and the Kadmonite
20. and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Rephaim
21. and the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Girgashite and the Jebusite.»[read chapter]