Proverbs Chapter 7 - New International Version
1. My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you.
2. Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.
3. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.
4. Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and call understanding your kinsman;
5. they will keep you from the adulteress, from the wayward wife with her seductive words.
6. At the window of my house I looked out through the lattice.
7. I saw among the simple, I noticed among the young men, a youth who lacked judgment.
8. He was going down the street near her corner, walking along in the direction of her house
9. at twilight, as the day was fading, as the dark of night set in.
10. Then out came a woman to meet him, dressed like a prostitute and with crafty intent.
11. (She is loud and defiant, her feet never stay at home;
12. now in the street, now in the squares, at every corner she lurks.)
13. She took hold of him and kissed him and with a brazen face she said:
14. "I have fellowship offerings  at home; today I fulfilled my vows.
15. So I came out to meet you; I looked for you and have found you!
16. I have covered my bed with colored linens from Egypt.
17. I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes and cinnamon.
18. Come, let's drink deep of love till morning; let's enjoy ourselves with love!
19. My husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey.
20. He took his purse filled with money and will not be home till full moon."
21. With persuasive words she led him astray; she seduced him with her smooth talk.
23. till an arrow pierces his liver, like a bird darting into a snare, little knowing it will cost him his life.
24. Now then, my sons, listen to me; pay attention to what I say.
25. Do not let your heart turn to her ways or stray into her paths.
26. Many are the victims she has brought down; her slain are a mighty throng.
27. Her house is a highway to the grave,  leading down to the chambers of death.[read chapter]