Isaiah Chapter 61 - New American Standard Bible
1. THE Spirit of the Lord  GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the  afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And  freedom to prisoners;
2. To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn,
3. To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called  oaks of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.
4. Then they will rebuild the ancient ruins, They will raise up the former devastations; And they will repair the ruined cities, The desolations of many generations.
5. Strangers will stand and pasture your flocks, And  foreigners will be your farmers and your vinedressers.
6. But you will be called the priests of the LORD; You will be spoken of as ministers of our God. You will eat the wealth of nations, And in their  riches you will boast.
7. Instead of your shame you will have a double portion, And instead of humiliation they will shout for joy over their portion. Therefore they will possess a double portion in their land, Everlasting joy will be theirs.
8. For I, the LORD, love justice, I hate robbery  in the burnt offering; And I will faithfully give them their recompense And make an everlasting covenant with them.
9. Then their offspring will be known among the nations, And their descendants in the midst of the peoples. All who see them will recognize them Because they are the offspring whom the LORD has blessed.
10. I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11. For as the earth brings forth its sprouts, And as a garden causes the things sown in it to spring up, So the Lord  GOD will cause righteousness and praise To spring up before all the nations.[read chapter]
Bible Main : Isaiah : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66