Genesis Chapter 13 - New American Standard Bible
1. SO Abram went up from Egypt to the  Negev, he and his wife and all that belonged to him, and Lot with him.
2. Now Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver and in gold.
4. to the place of the altar which he had made there formerly; and there Abram called on the name of the LORD.
5. Now Lot, who went with Abram, also had flocks and herds and tents.
7. And there was strife between the herdsmen of Abram's livestock and the herdsmen of Lot's livestock. Now the Canaanite and the Perizzite were dwelling then in the land.
8. So Abram said to Lot, «Please let there be no strife between you and me, nor between my herdsmen and your herdsmen, for we are brothers.
9. «Is not the whole land before you? Please separate from me; if to the left, then I will go to the right; or if to the right, then I will go to the left.»
10. Lot lifted up his eyes and saw all the  valley of the Jordan, that it was well watered everywhere -- this was before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah -- like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt as you go to Zoar.
11. So Lot chose for himself all the  valley of the Jordan, and Lot journeyed eastward. Thus they separated from each other.
13. Now the men of Sodom were wicked  exceedingly and sinners against the LORD.
14. The LORD said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him, « Now lift up your eyes and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward;
15. for all the land which you see, I will give it to you and to your  descendants forever.
17. «Arise, walk about the land through its length and breadth; for I will give it to you.»
18. Then Abram moved his tent and came and dwelt by the  oaks of Mamre, which are in Hebron, and there he built an altar to the LORD.[read chapter]