Ezekiel Chapter 15 - Revised Standard Version
1. And the word of the LORD came to me:
2. "Son of man, how does the wood of the vine surpass any wood, the vine branch which is among the trees of the forest?
3. Is wood taken from it to make anything? Do men take a peg from it to hang any vessel on?
4. Lo, it is given to the fire for fuel; when the fire has consumed both ends of it, and the middle of it is charred, is it useful for anything?
5. Behold, when it was whole, it was used for nothing; how much less, when the fire has consumed it and it is charred, can it ever be used for anything!
6. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7. And I will set my face against them; though they escape from the fire, the fire shall yet consume them; and you will know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8. And I will make the land desolate, because they have acted faithlessly, says the Lord GOD."