Genesis Chapter 49 - New American Standard Bible
1. THEN Jacob summoned his sons and said, «Assemble yourselves that I may tell you what will befall you in the  days to come.
2. «Gather together and hear, O sons of Jacob; And listen to Israel your father.
4. «  Uncontrolled as water, you shall not have preeminence, Because you went up to your father's bed; Then you defiled it -- he went up to my couch.
5. « Simeon and Levi are brothers; Their swords are implements of violence.
7. «Cursed be their anger, for it is fierce; And their wrath, for it is cruel. I will  disperse them in Jacob, And scatter them in Israel.
8. «Judah, your brothers shall praise you; Your hand shall be on the neck of your *enemies; Your father's sons shall bow down to you.
10. « The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor the ruler's staff from between his feet,  Until Shiloh comes, And to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.
11. «  He ties his foal to the vine, And his donkey's colt to the choice vine; He washes his garments in wine, And his robes in the blood of grapes.
13. « Zebulun will dwell at the seashore; And he shall be  a haven for ships, And his flank shall be toward Sidon.
15. «When he saw that a resting place was good And that the land was pleasant, He bowed his shoulder to bear burdens, And became a slave at forced labor.
16. « Dan shall judge his people, As one of the tribes of Israel.
17. «Dan shall be a serpent in the way, A horned snake in the path, That bites the horse's heels, So that his rider falls backward.
18. « For Your salvation I wait, O LORD.
21. « Naphtali is a doe let loose, He gives beautiful words.
23. «The archers bitterly attacked him, And shot at him and harassed him;
25. From the God of your father who helps you, And  by the  Almighty who blesses you With blessings of heaven above, Blessings of the deep that lies beneath, Blessings of the breasts and of the womb.
26. «The blessings of your father Have surpassed the blessings of my ancestors Up to the  utmost bound of the everlasting hills; May they be on the head of Joseph, And on the crown of the head of the one distinguished among his brothers.
27. «Benjamin is a  ravenous wolf; In the morning he devours the prey, And in the evening he divides the spoil.»
29. Then he charged them and said to them, «I am about to be gathered to my people; bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite,
30. in the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought along with the field from Ephron the Hittite for a  burial site.
31. «There they buried Abraham and his wife Sarah, there they buried Isaac and his wife Rebekah, and there I buried Leah --
32. the field and the cave that is in it, purchased from the sons of Heth.»
33. When Jacob finished charging his sons, he drew his feet into the bed and breathed his last, and was gathered to his people.[read chapter]