Genesis Chapter 2 - New American Standard Bible
1. THUS the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts.
2. By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.
3. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created  and made.
4.  This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.
5. Now no shrub of the field was yet in the earth, and no plant of the field had yet sprouted, for the LORD God had not sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to  cultivate the ground.
7. Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living  being.
8. The LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed.
9. Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
11. The name of the first is Pishon; it  flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold.
12. The gold of that land is good; the bdellium and the onyx stone are there.
13. The name of the second river is Gihon; it  flows around the whole land of Cush.
15. Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.
16. The LORD God commanded the man, saying, «From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;
17. but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not  eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.»
18. Then the LORD God said, «It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper  suitable for him.»
19. Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the  sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
21. So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22. The LORD God  fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
24. For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.[read chapter]