1 Corinthians Chapter 1 - New American Standard Bible
1. PAUL, called as an apostle of Jesus Christ  by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
2. To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus,  saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:
3. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank  my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus,
5. that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge,
6. even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed  in you,
7. so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
8. who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
10. Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all  agree and that there be no  divisions among you, but that you be  made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11. For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you.
12. Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, «I am of Paul,» and «I of Apollos,» and «I of Cephas,» and «I of Christ.»
14.  I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,
15. so that no one would say you were baptized  in my name.
16. Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other.
17. For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in  cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.
19. For it is written, « I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE.»
20. Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
21. For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the  message preached to save those who believe.
22. For indeed Jews ask for  signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
23. but we preach  Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,
24. but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
27. but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,
28. and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,
29. so that no  man may boast before God.
31. so that, just as it is written, « LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD.»[read chapter]