Genesis Chapter 35 - New American Standard Bible
2. So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, «Put away the foreign gods which are among you, and purify yourselves and change your garments;
3. and let us arise and go up to Bethel, and I will make an altar there to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and has been with me  wherever I have gone.»
5. As they journeyed, there was  a great terror upon the cities which were around them, and they did not pursue the sons of Jacob.
6. So Jacob came to Luz (that is, Bethel), which is in the land of Canaan, he and all the people who were with him.
8. Now Deborah, Rebekah's nurse, died, and she was buried below Bethel under the oak; it was named  Allon-bacuth.
9. Then God appeared to Jacob again when he came from Paddan-aram, and He blessed him.
12. « The land which I gave to Abraham and Isaac, I will give it to you, And I will give the land to your  descendants after you.»
13. Then God went up from him in the place where He had spoken with him.
14. Jacob set up a pillar in the place where He had spoken with him, a pillar of stone, and he poured out a drink offering on it; he also poured oil on it.
15. So Jacob named the place where God had spoken with him,  Bethel.
16. Then they journeyed from Bethel; and when there was still some distance to go to Ephrath, Rachel began to give birth and she  suffered severe labor.
17. When she was in severe labor the midwife said to her, «Do not fear, for now you have another son.»
19. So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem).
20. Jacob set up a pillar over her grave; that is the pillar of Rachel's grave to this day.
22. It came about while Israel was dwelling in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine, and Israel heard of it.
23. the sons of Leah: Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, then Simeon and Levi and Judah and Issachar and Zebulun;
24. the sons of Rachel: Joseph and Benjamin;
25. and the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's maid: Dan and Naphtali;
26. and the sons of Zilpah, Leah's maid: Gad and Asher. These are the sons of Jacob who were born to him in Paddan-aram.
27. Jacob came to his father Isaac at Mamre of Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron), where Abraham and Isaac had sojourned.
28. Now the days of Isaac were one hundred and eighty years.
29. Isaac breathed his last and died and was gathered to his people, an old man  of ripe age; and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.[read chapter]