Hosea Chapter 2 - New International Version
1. "Say of your brothers, `My people,' and of your sisters, `My loved one.'
2. "Rebuke your mother, rebuke her, for she is not my wife, and I am not her husband. Let her remove the adulterous look from her face and the unfaithfulness from between her breasts.
3. Otherwise I will strip her naked and make her as bare as on the day she was born; I will make her like a desert, turn her into a parched land, and slay her with thirst.
4. I will not show my love to her children, because they are the children of adultery.
5. Their mother has been unfaithful and has conceived them in disgrace. She said, `I will go after my lovers, who give me my food and my water, my wool and my linen, my oil and my drink.'
6. Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes; I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way.
7. She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them. Then she will say, `I will go back to my husband as at first, for then I was better off than now.'
8. She has not acknowledged that I was the one who gave her the grain, the new wine and oil, who lavished on her the silver and gold-- which they used for Baal.
9. "Therefore I will take away my grain when it ripens, and my new wine when it is ready. I will take back my wool and my linen, intended to cover her nakedness.
10. So now I will expose her lewdness before the eyes of her lovers; no one will take her out of my hands.
11. I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days--all her appointed feasts.
12. I will ruin her vines and her fig trees, which she said were her pay from her lovers; I will make them a thicket, and wild animals will devour them.
13. I will punish her for the days she burned incense to the Baals; she decked herself with rings and jewelry, and went after her lovers, but me she forgot," declares the LORD.
14. "Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her.
16. "In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me `my husband'; you will no longer call me `my master.  '
17. I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked.
18. In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety.
20. I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD.
21. "In that day I will respond," declares the LORD-- "I will respond to the skies, and they will respond to the earth;
22. and the earth will respond to the grain, the new wine and oil, and they will respond to Jezreel. 
23. I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called `Not my loved one.  ' I will say to those called `Not my people,  ' `You are my people'; and they will say, `You are my God.'"[read chapter]