Job Chapter 40 - New International Version
1. The LORD said to Job:
2. "Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!"
3. Then Job answered the LORD:
4. "I am unworthy--how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth.
5. I spoke once, but I have no answer-- twice, but I will say no more."
6. Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm:
7. "Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
8. "Would you discredit my justice? Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
9. Do you have an arm like God's, and can your voice thunder like his?
10. Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor, and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.
11. Unleash the fury of your wrath, look at every proud man and bring him low,
12. look at every proud man and humble him, crush the wicked where they stand.
13. Bury them all in the dust together; shroud their faces in the grave.
14. Then I myself will admit to you that your own right hand can save you.
15. "Look at the behemoth,  which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly!
17. His tail  sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.
18. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron.
19. He ranks first among the works of God, yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.
20. The hills bring him their produce, and all the wild animals play nearby.
21. Under the lotus plants he lies, hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22. The lotuses conceal him in their shadow; the poplars by the stream surround him.
23. When the river rages, he is not alarmed; he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.
24. Can anyone capture him by the eyes,  or trap him and pierce his nose?[read chapter]